The Communications Manager will be responsible for Soulcial Trust’s marketing and communications over all pillars:
- Manage and maintain the communication plan
- Manage consumer and PR communications across all three projects: social media, web, blog and press.
- Produce communication support for fundraising campaigns and financial sponsorship
- Develop and plan fundraising activities, events, and partnerships
- Develop media partnerships and PR database and optimize press coverage
- Identify influencers to connect with on social media globally, as well as locally
- Manage SEO on websites
- Develop all online content for websites
- Weekly communications update on web traffic, social media and analytics report
In addition, the Communications Manager will be responsible for the Soulcial Travel pillar of Soulcial Trust, with the following responsibilities:
- Manage and update the Soulcial Travel website regularly
- Communicate with potential volunteers when they make volunteer requests
- Develop new partnerships with NGOs to be listed on the website
- Create marketing strategies to increase traffic and use of the website
- Improve the website’s usability
- Applicants should have a strong sense of altruism, desire to give back to society and be sensitive to the issues of disability and the environment in Asian developing countries.
- Experience using social media and communication tools (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN, MailChimp, Youtube)
- Creative interests (photography, writing/storytelling, videography)
- EGraphic design, web design, WordPress, SEO and video production experience a plus
- Previous fundraising/grant writing experience a plus
- Native English speaker required. French also an asset.
- Students who are studying or have completed their studies in any areas related to the offer who wish to complete their internship within a development NGO, or individuals wishing to volunteer for a social organization.
- A strong desire to learn and apply your education and/or past experience to real-world experience.
- Willing and able to live in a developing country with limited or different resources and standards of living.
- Able to work both independently and in a team.
How to apply
- Please send your CV and cover letter to Programmes Director Julie Webb at email@example.com
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Ideal start date is Summer 2018.
- Internship commitment is minimum 4 months, preferably 6 months.
- As we are a small start-up NGO, we are not able to provide any compensation for the duration of the internship. We can provide support and advice for living and budgeting in Siem Reap.