Sports & Education Manager Internship
The Sports & Education Manager will be responsible for the XLability pillar of Soulcial Trust, with the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of an all-ability wheelchair sports centre in Siem Reap
- Explore the expansion of all-ability wheelchair sports centres throughout Cambodia
- Develop partnerships with other organizations that support inclusivity for people with disability
- Oversee the organization of an international wheelchair sports exchange between Cambodia, India, and France
- Oversee the implementation and expansion of the disability education course for schools
- Collaborate with other disability organizations on disability awareness initiatives
In addition, the Sports & Education Manager will be responsible for the Trust’s operations:
- Work with the Programmes Director and Managing Director to implement business strategies
- Finance and budget management
- Analysis and monitoring of all project costs
- Maintaining and updating the budget
- Regular reporting on finance and fundraising targets/achievements
- Development of business proposals for sponsorship and grants
- Support the Programmes Director and Managing Director in developing new business partnerships
- Applicants should have a strong sense of altruism, desire to give back to society and be sensitive to the issues of disability and the environment in Asian developing countries.
- Experience in working in the field of disability strongly desired
- Strong project management experience
- Attention to detail, logistics experience a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and French required.
- Students who are studying or have completed their studies in any areas related to the offer who wish to complete their internship within a development NGO, or individuals wishing to volunteer for a social organization.
- A strong desire to learn and apply your education and/or past experience to real-world experience.
- Willing and able to live in a developing country with limited or different resources and standards of living.
- Able to work both independently and in a team.
How to apply
- Please send your CV and cover letter to Programmes Director Julie Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Ideal start date is Summer 2018.
- Internship commitment is minimum 4 months, preferably 6 months.
- As we are a small start-up NGO, we are not able to provide any compensation for the duration of the internship. We can provide support and advice for living and budgeting in Siem Reap.