Siem Reap Eco-Workshops
Travelling to Siem Reap? Want to leave a green footprint during your stay?
Eco Workshops are for you!Eco Workshops is a project initiated by Soulcial Trust combining environmental awareness workshops and tourist activities. Siem Reap, gateway to the Angkor Temples, is a major tourist city in Cambodia. However, like the whole country, Siem Reap suffers from pollution and lack of preservation of its environment. The Eco Workshops are for visitors who wish to learn about the environmental initiatives and make your stay here more eco-friendly. You will be able to attend environmental workshops conducted by different partners involved in the project!
Overview of the Workshops
Workshop A: NAGA EARTH
Naga Earth is a social enterprise based in Siem Reap, which helps local businesses and organizations to reduce their environmental impact.
Workshop B: KUMAE
Kumae produces paper made out of banana trunks. They employ locals previously working on the dumpsite next door to their site.
Workshop C: REHASH TRASH
Rehash Trash is a social enterprise from the Green Gecko NGO that aims to empower women from difficult backgrounds. The women involved in the project are the mothers of the former street kids of Green Gecko.
- 1, 2, or 3 workshops spread over half days or 1.5 days
- Environmental awareness education
- A reusable aluminum bottle provided by Refill Not Landfill*
- Transportation from your accommodation to the activities
Package A (half day):
Package B (half day):
Package C (half day):
Package A+B (full day):
Package B+C (full day):
Package A+C (full day):
Package A+B+C (1.5 days):
(Applies for Package A+B+C only)
- You will be guided throughout the tour by a Young Adult of either Anjali House and/or Green Gecko NGOs. You will also be given an introduction to the environmental context in Cambodia and in Siem Reap. The training aims to raise awareness on environmental issues and challenges and will take place in one of the city’s Eco-Friendly coffee shop.
- We will tell you about all the other environmental activities you can do while staying in the city
- Soulcial Trust is committed to giving its employees good working conditions and salary.
Our tours are flexible and based on the workshops you are interested in. They can be done over a half day (morning), full day, or 1.5 days.
Please contact us for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org